Joel P. Waelty
Joel Waelty received his undergraduate education from the University of California at Berkeley. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
Mr. Waelty represents individuals in disputes with their insurers and employers. He handles a wide variety of workplace disputes, including sexual harassment, racial and nationality discrimination, retaliation, unpaid overtime and wrongful termination.
Mr. Waelty's insurance practice is devoted to the representation of policyholders and the pursuit of benefits wrongfully denied by their insurers. His insurance recovery practice focuses on benefits due under life, health, disability and homeowner policies, including benefits due under employer-sponsored benefit plans (ERISA).
- U.S. Federal Court, Northern District of California
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA, 2003, J.D., Honors: 2008 Reunion, Leadership Committee Member, Law Review: Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly, Executive Editor
- University of California at Berkeley
- Moderator "Using Cumis in Your Practice: Insurer Payment of Counsel Chosen by an Insured", October 20, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- California Bar Association, Member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Santa Clara Bar Association, Member
- Santa Clara Bar Association, Insurance Law Executive Committee, 2007 - 2009
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013
Past Employment Positions
- The Hon. Ronald M. Whyte of the Northern District of California, Judicial Extern
Pro Bono Activities
- Treasurer, Regatta HOA, Board of Directors, 2004 - 2006
- Volunteer, Samaritan House of San Mateo