John H. Hinkle
Founding Partner, Of Counsel
John Hinkle is a founding partner of Jachimowicz Law Group, having practiced criminal law since 1976. He served as a San Jose Police Officer from 1969 through 1974, gaining valuable experience in relationships with local law enforcement. This law enforcement background gives him unique knowledge of the criminal justice system from both sides, as well as the political knowledge to produce excellent results in the negotiation of cases which might or might not benefit from trial.
He has served as a Judge Pro Tem of the Superior and Municipal Courts in Santa Clara County and serves on the Board of Directors of the Teen Counseling Center of the West Valley (President 1997 and 1998), Pate House, Inc., Alcohol and Drug Recovery Home (President 1995 through 1996), Volunteers In Parole, serving juvenile offenders currently released on parole from the California Youth Authority, having served as president of that organization as well; he is a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Founding Member of the California DUI Defense Lawyers, and has served on many committees of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, including the Ethics Committee and the Mediator/Arbitrator Committees.
John Hinkle's experience in defending police and firefighters in their discipline and criminal cases has earned him a following of loyal clients for whom he has successfully represented cases from homicide to petty theft. He maintains a strong focus in sex cases and spousal abuse.
"Good citizens rights are rights that are regularly trampled by ill conceived laws and overly aggressive enforcement."
John is a family man, married with two children. He enjoys playing tennis, golf, playing guitar, mandolin and banjo and is a member of the Peninsulaires, men's barber shop chorus.
- California, 1976
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Superior and Municipal Courts, Santa Clara County, Judge Pro Tem
- California DUI Defense Lawyers, Founding Member
- Teen Counseling Center of the West Valley, Board of Directors, Past President
- Teen Counseling Center of the West Valley, Past President, 1997 - 1998
- Pate House, Inc., Alcohol and Drug Recovery Home, Member
- Pate House, Inc., Alcohol and Drug Recovery Home, Past President, 1995 - 1996
- Volunteers In Parole, California Youth Authority Santa Clara County, Executive and Board of Directors
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Ethics Committee, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member, Mediator/Arbitrator Committee
- Santa Clara County Criminal Defense Bar, Member
Past Employment Positions
- San Jose, California, Police Officer, 1969 - 1974
- Miller & Hinkle Attorneys at Law, Founding Partner